RS-485 is two-wire bus communication standard.
Up to 256 devices can be connected to the bus. Transmission speed is up to 115200 bit/s.Line length is up to 1200 meters.
You can connect the following devices to the Wiren Board controller Via the RS-485 bus:
- devices of our production with the RS-485 interface,
- Mercuriy and Milur counters,
- some other devices.
Basics of the RS-485 interface
See article Basics of RS-485 interface operation.
The Wiren Board devices use the Modbus Protocol on top of the RS-485. Modbus protocol.
How to lay the bus correctly
See article RS-485:Physical connection.
Adding a device to the web interface
After connecting the RS-485 device to the controller, you need to configure it to appear in the web interface. See the instructions in article RS-485:Настройка через веб-интерфейс.
Working with RS-485 port of the controller using its own software
- As default wb-mqtt-serial driver manages devices connected to Wiren Board controller via RS-485(the previous driver was wb-homa-modbus). It allows you to work with connected RS-485 devices via MQTT message system.
- If you want to work with RS-485 port directly without using this driver - disable it, otherwise it will write to RS-485 port.
- Working with a serial port in Linux
- Access to the RS-485 port of the Wiren Board controller from a computer
- UART Communication Settings for Modbus devices